I really liked the audio and it being a 3d game. The gameplay maybe wasn't that interesting, but the ending left me curious. Good job!
Everything is light. Light is. Is light. Everything. There is a light.
Bring shadow into a world that knows nothing but everlasting light. It begins a journey through dangerous shadows - to finding oneself again.
- Minimalist visual style
- Emotional audio
- Reaction-base puzzle gameplay
- 3-5 minutes of gameplay
- 4 short levels
- Full gamepad support
- Voice acting
WARNING: CAMERA CONTROL SENSITIVITY IS INSANELY LOW - Sorry, couldn't figure out how to fix this before the jam ended.
How to play/install: https://youtu.be/S7e37KIsE6Y
- Solo project
- Part of LuxJam (theme: light and shadow)
- Development time: less than 15 hours over the course of 2 days
- Resources used: Unity Standard Assets for character controls and movement animations, various CC0 sounds from Freesound.org - most of them edited
- Dont use technical terms like "respawn" but instead use lore names like "shadow" for tags etc. to feel a connection to the game while developing it
- Use divider objects ------------------------------------------- for the hierarchy view
- Plan many endings, settle for one
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- macOS and Linux builds, WebGL failMar 09, 2020